Pages

Friday 14 August 2009

It's not for me

"When in Rome, Do as the Romans do!
As my mother used to say",
Dad said as he picked up an oyster,
and swallowed it away.

I looked at the slimy creature,
wet and looking sad,
Sat in his shell of mother of pearl,
It made me feel quite bad.

"An Oyster is a person too",
I thought I heard him say,
"I swim and eat and make pearls too,
I hope you won't eat me today."

I shook my head and said "No."
"I shall not eat this creature,
He does not deserve to die that way,
As part of a Sea Food feature."

"Not even going to try it lass?"
My father said over my shoulder,
He reached across and picked it up,
"I thought you would be bolder!"

I had to watch as my Dad,
Swallowed the creature of the sea,
I shuddered and closed my eyes,
"Sorry dad, it's not for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment