Pages

Sunday 26 July 2009

Who am I today?

You're probably wondering who on Earth I actually am. Well I am a lot of things to a lot of people. I have two children under the age of ten, both of them now at primary school. To them I am Mum, Mummy, Mumma (I hate that) and anything else that takes their fancy.

To my partner, my Fiance - well he can pretty much call me what he likes (get your mind out of the gutter please) and get away with it. To him we have shared too much over the last 14 years of engagement - I'll pause while you pick your jaws off the floor - to be sticky over names.

But if he calls me "Sugar Dumpling" I will call him "Boss...


When I am working as a Teacher, I am variably "Miss, Mrs Ward, Miss Ward" and so forth. My colleagues of course know me by my first name.

When I am writing I am several different people it seems. And this is where my user name comes from - Tiger Princess. I use the same name on every writing website I join and it gets changed according to the mood of the people I am talking to.

For instance on Authonomy I am: "TP, Tiger, Tigger, The Tigger, Tigs."

Oh people do call me by my birth name, but I - and I'm truly sorry for this Dad - never really liked my name. This is why I kept reinventing myself during my teenagehood. I'd introduce myself as Lizzi or Liz or Elizabeth. But it never stuck, despite being my middle name.

So when I set this Blog up today I decided on proper Pen Name. Something I could choose for myself and make stick...

Whether it does or not is up to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy. You should be able to follow me from this comment.

    Love,

    James.

    PS: Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete