Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Moving home base...

No, I am not talking about the Gardening and DIY shop...


...That should confuse the US and Aussie readers....


...I'm actually talking about my webzine, Welcome to Wherever.


As much as I like the interface on Weebly.com, the technical difficulties (problems uploading, being booted out at odd times, unable to upload large files, images, sound files etc) were getting me down. Most of my stress each month was to do with the technical aspects!


So Welcome to Wherever... has moved. I've shifted it to Wordpress.com and I've found their interface rather straightforward. The February Edition isn't as pretty as the January edition...


...not because of you, Brian...


...but only because I have just finished uploading the content and setting up the pages. I've done very little tweaking and fidgeting with the widgetting or theme - I spent until 4.30 am this morning attempting to get the content up as fast as possible, so please, forgive me the rough edges.


While I was sorting that out, I checked the stats for last month and was knocked for six with shock - in a good way, I hasten to add!


In the four months that the webzine was on weebly, it had 3290 unique visitors! That's an average of 822.5 per month! In the last month alone (since I registered the webzine with Duotrope.com) I had 1604 unique visitors!!!
I never thought I would get fifty visitors, let alone that many...


So, if you want to check out the wonderful stories and poems, the stunning artwork of Brian Talgo and the magnificent Mama Masha's Kitchen, not to mention a whole heap of stories that have been entered in the competition, you need to go here - 




 - and rummage through the site. Feel free to leave comments on the content - there's a comment's box on each content page and I'm sure that the writers of each item would be glad to hear from the readers we are trying to entertain!

Also, don't forget to read and vote in the competition - http://welcometowherever.wordpress.com/the-writing-competition-you-be-the-judge/ - it's easy enough to do. Each story is linked to the title in the list on the main page. Once you've read all of them, decide which one you liked best and fill out the form on the main competition page. (hint: it's the one the link above takes you to.)

So that's it from me for the moment. I need to go and collapse now - I'll be back on monday with the Monday Muse Mystifier, as usual!

Tootles!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment