|Warrior Pattern Choker|
People who've seen or received my creations seem to like then and I've often toyed with the idea of making it into a business... but I always come to the conclusion that it would make it less fun and take me away from my writing.
Still, I craft in whatever I do. The Design Principles have just as much bearing in Writing as they do in Crafting.
"What are the Design Principles?" comes a shout from the back.
All right, I'll tell you...
- The Initial Idea: Doesn't matter where it comes from, you just have to have it.Could have come from a Brief or just been inspired by something you saw.
- The Research: This is essential to make sure that your product will hit the target market just right, and become a necessary adjunct.
- The Development: Get the rough idea and smooth it out. Add some excitement and pizazz, slip in some features that will secure your product's place in the Target Market.
- The Final Idea: Refine your development until you have the product that you would like to send out into the world.
- The Finished Product: Make your product from the finest materials you can manage. Polish it until it shines like a shiny thing...