Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

The Saga of NaNoWriMo.

It's November.

Anyone who has a writer for a partner or is a writer themselves will know what that means. Yup - it's NaNoWriMo time.

What? I didn't quite catch that... What is NaNoWriMo?

Ah, so you're one of them... okay, I'll explain.

NaNoWriMo stands for - National Novel Writing Month. It originally started in the U.S, but the madness has spread out internationally and now, in the thirty days of November, the writing world is put on hold while a horde of writers attempt to write 50,000 words.

And yes, I am participating. More fool me...

My word count stands at 23,183. I have over 26,000 words to go yet and eight days left to go. That means, I need to write 3.5K words a day to hit the finish tape. Why am I so behind? A little matter of Life, I'm afraid. A close relative died and between the children, consoling TOH and losing my muse a couple of times, I fell behind.

Several of my writing friends have finished already; one has reached the end of her story - and it's turned out to be a novella... Another couple have hit the 50K and are still going.

I'm determined to finsih the storyline to what I'm writing, but as far as hitting 50K on the 30th November is concerned, it's going to be a struggle...

Right then - time to get moving again! Wish me luck... I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment